Chris is Head of Grab Ventures (GV), whose mandate is to develop the next generation tech leaders in SEA. Grab Ventures does this through Venture Building and Venture Investments. For Venture Building, internal startups that Chris has launched include: GrabFresh (online groceries), GrabWheels (eScooter sharing) and GrabKitchen (Cloud Kitchen). For Venture Investments, GV focuses on Series A+ strategic investments in sectors related to Grab’s O2O businesses and across all geographies. This also includes Grab Ventures Velocity (GVV), a scale up program for post-seed stage startups, which recently launched Batch 2, with a theme of “Empowering Micro-entrepreneurs”.
Other Work Experience:
- AIMIA: Senior Director, Head of APAC Strategy: Responsible for strategic initiatives, partnerships, M&A, new business model innovation and loyalty thought leadership for a global loyalty SaaS player
- PayPal: Head of APAC Strategy: Responsible for market entry, growth, strategic investments/ partnerships and developing new use cases to improve merchant value proposition & consumer velocity
- BCG: Project Leader: Led multiple projects across SEA, Middle East and Australia for clients in telco and travel industries
Prior to Grab, Aimia, PayPal and BCG, Chris started his career with Singapore Airlines, leading the development of SIA’s eCommerce business
- Kellogg School of Management - MBA
- University of California, Berkeley – BA (Economics), BSc (Engineering)
Outside of work, Chris is passionate about social entrepreneurship, especially the transformative role of tech, having done pro-bono work with organizations such as Grameen and the Singapore Children’s Society. Chris is blissfully married with 5 children, including 1 set of triplet boys, and thus spends his “free time” as an unpaid Grab driver for the kids.