Ms Vidhya Ganesan
McKinsey & Company
Vidhya Ganesan is a Junior Partner with McKinsey & Company in Singapore and leads the Digital Government and Economy service line for McKinsey in Asia. She joined McKinsey in 2009 and has worked primarily in public sector, high tech and telecom sectors. She recently completed a 4-month Fellowship with the McKinsey Center for Government to drive knowledge and client development efforts on large scale government transformation programs spanning social, economic and fiscal sectors in low-middle income nations. Her recent experiences include:
- Led our work to support various national governments in Asia with their Digital Economy Blueprint – including “Poor to Fair”, “Fair to Good” and “Good to Great” ecosystems
- Led our work with a leading south-east Asian government and a Scandinavian government on assessing their digital maturity and developing the national digital government and digitization agenda
- Leading our McKinsey Singapore Digital Campus, a joint effort between McKinsey Singapore and the Economic Development Board of Singapore to codify some knowledge on digital best practices, roll out DQ (digital maturity assessment) for several companies across sectors in Asia but also build “in-a-box” offerings/prototype showcases for digitized process redesign of select processes in sectors like telco, banking, FMCG etc.
- Worked with a tech MNC on charting their contribution to the smart city agenda and on creating a self-assessment tool for their clients to assess how well they are embracing “digital disruptive technologies”
- Managed several digital strategy and implementation projects for a large regional telco- e.g. Overall strategy for building a digital business unit from scratch, including “where to play”, “how to play”, org design and capabilities etc. followed by ongoing portfolio review and refinements; Strategy and roadmap for building specific building blocks in various digital slivers including social communications, big data analytics, OTT video, e-commerce etc.; M&A/ DD type support to assess inorganic targets etc.
- Assisted in the design and development of the kick-start of the Malaysian Government Transformation Program focused on key national priorities like crime, corruption, education etc. She was also part of the team that handled the communications and PR campaigns for the Program including the Prime Minister’s public speeches, change engagement to the Malaysian public etc.
- Led the masterclass on ‘Future of Digital Government’ at the Global Government Summit 2015, 2016 and 2017 for senior government leaders and Ministers from 10 countries around the world
Vidhya holds an M.Sc in Financial Economics (Distinction) from the University of Oxford where she was a Commonwealth scholar and a B.Eng in Electrical Engineering (1st Class Hons), with a minor in technology entrepreneurship, from the National University of Singapore as an SIA-NOL scholar